Monday, December 19, 2011

Why do I keep getting disconnected with AT&T Uverse?

I got AT%26amp;T uverse a few weeks ago and, until tonight, it was fine. Now I keep getting disconnected. I can't stay online for more than 5 minutes. I've tried restarting the modem and even unplugging it. Nothing works. Do I have a junk modem or is the service just garbage?





I can't get cable or fios out where I live so this is the best I can get. Anyone know the cause of this problem?|||When you say you get disconnected, describe what exactly is happening? Are you actually seeing something pop up on your computer that says you're disconnected, or does the Internet just stop working?





If you've restarted the modem, it sounds like you have the basic stuff covered. Are you using a router? If so, disconnect it and connect directly to the modem to see if the problem goes away. You need to eliminate as much as possible from the equation to figure out where the problem is.





If you connect directly to the modem and it still doesn't work, you just need to bite the bullet and call their tech support. I know it can be frustrating talking to the $7/hr phone monkeys, but that's the only way you'll get them to fix the problem for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment