Saturday, December 24, 2011

What is the usb port used for on the uverse receiver box?

I was just wondering if it would be possible to connect and view contents of my external hard drive such as pictures or movies|||Right now it is not activated...





If/when it were activated, I would imagine it would be used to support adding an external hard drive for more storage space (a la TiVo).





Given that Media-Net in on the horizon, I kinda doubt it will be used to download media (video, movies, etc)... But who knows.





Note that while not activated, it IS powered. So you can use your Set Top Box to power or recharge most any USB powered device.|||I was told it was for "future development". It does not have a function now. My guess it will be for a camcorder or to upload/download

No comments:

Post a Comment