Saturday, December 24, 2011

I have ATT Uverse, how do I get a new IP address?

I've tried ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew but that doesn't do the trick (as I knew it wouldn't). I have ATT Uverse and is replacing the cable/router (portal box thing) the only way of getting a new IP address?|||Yes the only way you might be able to know that the IP address is truly changed is by having a new Residential Gateway installed for you. This would cost 55 dollars from a technician to come and do this though. Another thing you can try is accessing the Residential Gateways system GUI. This can be done by going to 192.168.1.254/mdc . In this you can select resets and select reset ip. Be warned that going into this is all on you and be careful what you select. Also you will need the system password on the side of the Gateway to log into the device. Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment