Monday, December 19, 2011

How do I make a Dell Inspiron laptop compatible with an AT&T Uverse internet line?

I have a HP desktop with Windows Vista Home Premium. I have a Hi Speed internet connection with/thru AT%26amp;T U-verse. The internet connection is through the phone line.


I just bought from a friend a two year old Dell Inspiron laptop loaded with XP software. Can I just unplug the phone line at the back of the HP computer and plug it into the Dell and have an acceptable functioning connection? Do I need to change anything on the Dell or add some type of software. I want to be able to use both computers. I will use the Dell as a backup.|||If you have U-verse, then your RG (Residential Gateway) is a wireless router. Turn on your wireless card and search the networks. On the side of the RG is the SN#. When you go through the list of wireless you should have a 2WIREXXX. The XXX are the last 3 numbers of your SN#. Select that and connect. When the screen that asks you for the WEP key look on the side of the RG for Wireless Encryption Key. Enter that 2X and you should be done. Hope this helps.|||i think he waned to connec wired not wireless!coz he's referring for phone line!well that's the RJ45,or ethernet cable, well, he can plug it to the other comp.just make sure that you have a LAN card for wired connection!It should be automatic!

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment