Monday, December 19, 2011

Why do I have to reboot my AT&T Uverse every time I turn on my Samsung 9000 Series TV?

I bought this new TV, a Samsung 9000 Series and it is great. However, every time I turn it on in the morning, it says it is not getting power. So, I reboot my AT%26amp;T Uverse box and then everything works fine. So. . .it is getting power. Any thoughts?|||That's really curious. Nothing like that happens with my big Samsung, with U-Verse.





My guess is that it has something to do with the programming of the U-Verse remote. I'd want to approach it in two steps. One, get the instructions for programming the U-Verse remote (see the first link), and cancel whatever programming you have now, presumably for the Samsung. You should be able to do that by programming the remote to code 0000. Then, temporarily use the Samsung remote to operate the TV and the U-Verse remote to operate the U-Verse receiver.





That should clear the problem. Now, step two, go to the programming guide for the remote again, and re-program it for your TV. Get the code from the 2nd link below. Note that there are two batches of Samsung codes, under "TV" and "HDTV." Since your set is a very new model, I'd start with the last number under "HDTV" and work backwards until I found the right code. Test each one with power on/off, volume up-down, and mute. When you find the code that works all of those as expected on your TV, you're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment