Monday, December 19, 2011

If I have a wireless adapter for my desktop can I pick up a signal from AT & T Uverse?

Will the Airlink wireless adapter pick up the signal as long as I have the code from the house computer's router?|||It should work, just like it would for a laptop, unless something interferes with the signal and the signal is too weak. If they still used WEP by default, the default WEP key is probably on your 2Wire modem in square brackets [ ] unless you changed it.





But it can depend upon home construction. In my 100 yr old home I can get wireless on 2nd floor with 2Wire in the basement. But my boss in newer home could not get wireless at kitchen table right above 2Wire in basement office, so I rigged something else up to get wireless on main floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment