Monday, December 19, 2011

If uverse network is not prompting a password to connect my netbook wirelessly, what do i do?

It is windows 7, and if I go down to view all the network options, I run the correct one and it tells me it cannot connect; I know I need to use the password on the router but it is not giving me the option. How do I fix it??|||In network and sharing center, click on Manage wireless networks, click add, and then on Manually create a network profile. Type in the SSID in Network Name, for Security type choose "Open" for now. Put the check in "Start this connection automatically" and click ok.





Right click on the newly created network and select Properties. Click the Security tab, change security type to whichever type you have configured on your router, select the encryption type, and then manually enter the security key. Click ok, and it should connect you. If not, try right clicking the newly created network and connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment