Saturday, December 24, 2011

I recently had my cable system changed to AT&T Uverse. Since the installation, my center spreaker goes out?

I have a Sony reciever with surround sound. When the center speaker goes out, I can giggle the outside speaker connection on the receiver and the center speaker works again, for a while.|||The center speaker has nothing to do with the switch from cable to U-Verse. It's obviously a bad speaker wire connection at the receiver if it comes in and out when you wiggle the cable. It probably just came loose a bit when equipment and/or cables were moved around during the installation of U-Verse. Just secure the wiring to the center speaker properly and the problem should go away.





BTW - it it's the kind of speaker cable that plugs into a jack instead of a bare wire that connects to a speaker terminal, it could be the cable itself that went bad. In this case, you would have to replace the cable.|||I'm not sure how you have the speaker connected, but just to make sure, I would re-connect. If it's a strip-wire connection (end of wire stripped and wrapped around the terminal), then re-strip a bit and re-do. Also, check the connector itself. Is it loose in the receiver cabinet so that the connection is unreliable?





CL


http://www.audio-equipment-speakers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment